On the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the death of Pablo Picasso, the city of Vallauris Golfe-Juan wishes to pay homage to him through a season which will be entirely dedicated to him and which will celebrate the links, both artistic and human, which have woven between the ancient pottery city and the great artist.
All audiences are invited here. Neophytes and insiders will be able, each in their own way, through the many proposals reserved for them, to honor Picasso, who had chosen this city on the Riviera to find the setting conducive to his experiments and his fertile creativity.
This “Picasso Season” in Vallauris is part of the “Picasso Celebration 1973-2023” Project.
SATURDAY 6 MAY 2023 – Vallauris and Golfe-Juan
– Place de la Liberation – Vallauris > Opening concert with the Vallauris Philharmonic and the Harmony of Antibes.
– Magnelli Museum, ceramics museum – Vallauris – 10:30 a.m. > Inauguration of the exhibition Shapes & metamorphoses: the ceramic creation of Picasso.
– Le Minotaure – Vallauris – 2:30 p.m. – Open to all > Tribute to the children of Vallauris Golfe-Juan through a dance creation (jazz, contemporary and classical) and singing by the Municipal School of Music and Dance of Vallauris Golfe-Juan .
– Sea Theater – Golfe-Juan – 8:30 p.m. > “Naturalmente Flamenco” show by the Ballet Flamenco de Andalucí
SUNDAY 7 MAY 2023 – Golfe-Juan and Vallauris
– Square Nabonnand – Golfe-Juan > Artistic and musical wanderings with the Banda, Flamenco dancers and riders towards the beach of the Sun.
– Plage du Soleil – Golfe-Juan – 11:00 a.m. – Open to all > Inauguration of Pablo Picasso beach The beach Picasso used to go to, now Plage du Soleil, will be renamed “Plage Pablo Picasso”. The inauguration will be accompanied by the unveiling of specific signage in the name of the artist, and two emblematic photos.
– Parking lot of the Roustan brothers stadium – Vallauris – 5:00 p.m. > Equestrian show with the Fantagaro stable
– Car park of the Roustan brothers stadium – Vallauris > Show of Recorte by the Bullfighting Spirit
– Forecourt of the Sainte-Anne Church – Vallauris – 9:30 p.m. > Video mapping “Picasso and freedom” on the facade of the Saint-Anne Church.
– SHAPES AND METAMORPHOSES: THE CERAMIC CREATION OF PICASSO
Magnelli Museum, ceramics museum – May 6 – October 30, 2023
– PICASSO AND GOLD
Magnelli Museum, ceramics museum – June 24 – September 25, 2023